Thank you for your interest in working at the Ronald McDonald House of Chapel Hill. We are currently accepting applications for the following positions. If you don’t see a position that matches your skills, we are always looking for dedicated volunteers! Find out more about our volunteer opportunities here.
Reports to: Director of Philanthropy and Annual Giving, Marketing & Communications Manager
Classification: Full Time, Exempt
Mission Statement: The Ronald McDonald House of Chapel Hill provides a “home-away-from-home” to families of seriously injured children who must travel from across NC and beyond for specialized medical care at area hospitals.
Purpose of the Job
As a member of the Development and Marketing teams of the Ronald McDonald House of Chapel Hill Inc., the Marketing and Development Coordinator will oversee assigned development opportunities and the CRM Databases. The Marketing and Development Coordinator will strive to ensure ongoing optimization of the CRM tool in donor development strategies. In general, this role will help develop and drive the execution of development and marketing strategies by making available donor data that supports tactical plans. The role is vital to the maintenance of the CRM Database to ensure accurate, timely and appropriate communication with donors and prospects and to ensure the quality of data entered in the database. The Marketing and Development Coordinator will play a critical role in contributing to fundraising and marketing work and will provide critical support for all elements of the House’s fundraising and marketing efforts including, but not limited to, foundation, individual, and corporate giving.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
1. Continual commitment and focus of all daily activities to the Mission Statement of the Ronald McDonald House of Chapel Hill, Inc.
2. Be an in-house expert for data intelligence, and an advocate for data best practices within the organization.
3. Develop and implement the collection of data that optimize Marketing and Development
4. Maintain and optimize database, proactively assessing how it can meet the evolving needs of the organization.
5. Monitor, maintain and develop analytics frameworks and dashboards, running scheduled reports in Luminate and Raiser’s Edge that provide insights into the health and vitality of the donor database spanning event registration and trends, campaigns, and annual performance by donor segment for both external marketing efforts RMHC Global/McDonald’s efforts.
6. Use analytics to define potential opportunities aimed at supporting revenue generation.
7. Collaborate with Manager of Marketing & Communications to produce regular reports and analysis on key marketing functions to include website, social media, events, and other digital strategies to drive direction and tactics related to campaigns and ongoing engagement with the Charity.
8. Serve as the staff liaison for the RMHC Global RADAR data management system, to include
annual reporting requirements.
9. Filter and clean data systems on recommended scheduled time periods.
10. Be a “power user” of the software platforms used by the charity’s marketing and development departments.
11. Key team member who works closely with the Director of Philanthropy & Annual Giving and Manager of Marketing & Communications to craft campaign strategies, tactics and measurements for new campaigns and initiatives, and promote annual giving focus.
12. Partner with Database Coordinator who is responsible for quality, consistent data entry and tracking of all donations, sponsorship, event registration, gift-in-kind, recurring gifts, and tribute gifts.
13. Build donor emails, create content, build general donation forms and event specific donation forms and update Raiser’s Edge with global actions.
14. Create donor email lists and mailing lists.
15. Batch checks
16. Manage social media content and posts (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, photos, videos)
17. Prepare board reports and dashboard reports for internal use.
18. Interact with recipients, donors, prospects, and other constituents in person, online or by phone.
19. Provide excellent customer service by accommodating donors’ special needs and requests as appropriate.
20. Work closely with Marketing team in strategically developing engaging fundraising campaigns and assist with the process of communications, newsletters, and other printed materials.
21. Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops, reviewing professional publications, establishing personal networks, and participating in professional development activities.
Ancillary Job Functions:
· Team member may be called upon to assist with event execution
· Team member may be asked to assist in other ways
Education and Experience:
· Associates degree required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
· 3 – 4 years’ experience working in a non-profit environment/supporting a development department
· 2 – 3 years’ experience utilizing Raiser’s Edge (RE) is required
· Experience using additional Blackbaud products is desirable (Luminate Online, NXT, etc.)
· Experience managing multiple projects concurrently, with the ability to prioritize work and adhere to deadlines
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities which may be representative, but not all-inclusive of those commonly associated with this position:
· Tech savvy with strong software skills, including advanced features of Microsoft Word and Excel.
· Skilled in data entry, with exceptional data entry speed and low error threshold.
· Must be a self-starter with the ability to multitask and function effectively under pressure.
· Ability to think proactively and respond appropriately.
· Ability to independently problem solve, “think outside the box” and exhaust all available avenues for answers.
· Ability to establish and maintain effective relationship with staff, employees, and constituents.
· Effective communication, writing and grammar skills, paying great attention to detail.
· Periodic evening and weekend work is required to assist with event production.
The work environment characteristics described below are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform essential work functions. While performing the duties of this job, must be available to work irregular hours, shifts and weekends to assist with production of events. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
· Light sedentary office work. Frequently required to sit.
· Ability to travel to other program sites or events as needed.
· Must be physically capable of carrying 35 lbs.
Ronald McDonald House Chapel Hill offers a competitive starting salary, a strong, comprehensive benefits program, and the chance to make a meaningful difference in the lives of the families we serve.
Ronald McDonald House Chapel Hill is dedicated to the intent and spirit of offering equal employment opportunities.
Qualified applicants (no third parties) should send their cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.